When it comes to your bundle of joy each decision is precious and needs extra thought. Would you believe us if we told you that you could be a little closer to your little angle and easily nurse them when you’re out and about. In our previous posts we’ve highlighted the reasons to get a ring sling and the benefits of attachment parenting. Since you’re convinced that a ring slings are convenient and beneficial, now it’s time to pick out your own. To make your life easier we’ve compiled a 7 step ring sling shopping guide so you pick out the perfect ring sling:
- Quality: You want to keep your little munchkin safe in your arms. So, the quality of the ring sling is extremely important to ensure safety.
- User-friendly: You’re a parent with an extremely enthusiastic baby or toddler and I’m sure you don’t have all the time in the world to devote to a ring sling. So, a ring sling needs to be extremely easy to use.
- Comfort: Remember you’re about to carry around your baby or toddler and you want to enjoy every babywearing moment. So, it’s important for you to find a ring sling that is comfortable.
- Ergonomically Designed: The biggest concern with a ring sling is that your baby weight will be placed on your shoulders. So choose a ring that is ergonomically designed to shift the baby weight across your back while your baby remains blissful.
- Easy storage and cleaning: The biggest benefit of ring slings is that you can easily store it anywhere. But while choosing a ring sling make sure the fabric is easy to wash and wear. This way you can dedicate your extra time to your little one, not cleaning the ring sling.
- Allergy-free fabric: As parents I am sure you’re well aware that babies and toddles have extra sensitive skin. The last thing you want is your baby getting allergies from a ring sling. Pick out an allergy tested to make sure you and your baby enjoys an allergy-free babywearing experience.
- Practical: Sometimes it’s not just your new born that you want to babywear you might want to cuddle with your toddler and spread a little extra warmth. Choose a ring sling that can carry over 100 pounds to enjoy and extended babywearing experience with your little one.
Bonus: If you’ve been reading attentively then here is a bonus for you. Lot of mommies opt to nurse their babies. Privacy is crucial while nursing. So a ring sling that doubles as a nursing cover in an ideal solution.
Keep these tips in mind when you shop for a ring sling to spend more intimate times with your bundle of joy. Also, you want to know a little secret? Mamaway ring slings are designed with all of the above. With the holidays right around the corner this might be a great gift option for spouses who just welcomed a little one, for family members that recently became parents or for parents who want to try out babywearing. So hurry and plan to fill out those Santa socks with a small and mighty gift…ho ho ho merry Mamaway!